Support login with NFTs

Support NFTs as login identities.

Problems:

• Delays between when token owner interacts with an app and token transfers. Prevent users from using open sessions when they already transferred NFT from their wallet.
  • Emails should go to dedicated NFT mailbox or to owner mailbox?
1 Like

I’m wondering where thinking is on this now? I’d like to be able to restrict content to particular users who own a particular NFT. How much work would this be to accomplish using the cryptoauth system? Or is this out of scope for this particular project?

1 Like

This is exactly the thing I’ll be working on as soon as I finish with current batch of fixes.

Can you give me details of the NFT contract you would like to use? I’m gathering requirements for the implementation and I need concrete contracts to test against.

If you don’t need users to actually use given NFT as identity for login and only restrict access to holders of any NFT from given contract, it’s possible even now. I can generate credentials for you and setup restrictions if you want to test it.

1 Like

Yeah, the second use case is what I’m looking at. I don’t have a contract yet (still in the works), but the idea is to distribute an NFT to represent the authorization to the system (with possible expiration). I’d love to test it for using in this way.

1 Like

Cool, let me know when you have your contract, all I need from the contract is a way to check if given address is owner of any NFT, usually people implement balanceOf to mimic ERC-20 to show if someone is a holder and I use that, but it may also be any other method.

1 Like