Ethmail Login Problems

I have noticed today that Ethmail login is not working. While auth.cryptoverse.cc is working and you can attempt to login there is an authentication failure.
The certificate at ethmail.cc has expired and this may be the reason that authentication fails.
I presume this because I can login to the forum (cryptoverse) but not to Ethmail.

I hope that it is as simple as updating the certificate. The certificate also failed in early February. So the question here is there a more fundamental problem with certificate update?

1 Like

Hi, thanks for reporting, I really appreciate it.

The problem is fixed, this was internal certificate used for IMAP connections, the whole infrastructure is using multiple certificates in different places and since they were created in similar times they also expire one after another. When I fixed last one I forgot about renewing the internal ones. The process is not yet automatic unfortunately, I’m moving to new infrastructure that will have automatic certificate management but It will take some more time.

I hope this explains situation a bit.

G.

1 Like

No worries. It’s the least we can do to assist you for your unceasing effort. Is there any way members can assist either through effort or funding? Is there a cryptoverse DeFi?

same problem happened today, could be the same problem, please help. as the ethmail.cc is a cool service, please try to improve its accessibility, thx.

Hi, is it the same problem happened today or just me? I could login the forum but could not get through to my Ethmail. please kindly help to look into it. thx

Hi @0xaa7a596a15d95769ef7e033cdd11f31191aa367e_Ethereum I’m looking into this

The problem is fixed now - It was caused by an upgrade to cryptoauth (which fixed login problems for PoH logins), one of the core components (ory/hydra) changed the communication protocol used to authorize ethmail web client to ethmail mail server and this caused the login loop. The email system itself was working all the time.

Is it safe to connect with eth wallet here? The site made me sign when I entered. May I know if this is a possible security vulnerability?

Heyyyyy ! Before EIP2612 I think it’s completely secure, but after that, it does carry some risk, and we’re pushing for Ethereum to make changes.

Heyyyyy ! Before EIP2612 I think it’s completely secure, but after that, it does carry some risk, and we’re pushing for Ethereum to make changes.
We want the signature used to verify your own account and the signature used to allow token transfers to be perceived as different by the user so you don’t get confused like that.

I can’t login to eth mail currently. Looks like the certificate expired again?

Hi there i am having the same issue for 4 days! It takes me around in circles to login?

Hi there i cant login for the last 4/5 days

same issues here. Can’t access webmail. It gets in a loop.

Hi, thanks for reporting and sorry for getting to this so late. Working on it